An overview of how to access the reports
1. Accessing reports
Within Moodle 2, all the course reports are accessed via the navigation block.
The navigation block could appear anywhere within your course unless you dock it (if it is docked it will always be at the left hand side of the screen on the edge of the Moodle page).
To access the reports you will need to be in the course for which you want to view the reports and you need to be a teacher or manager on the course (or an administrator).
- You need to viewing your navigation block (either view on the screen or hold your mouse over the navigation title if it is docked.
- Within this block you should see a heading of 'courses' or 'my courses' and under this heading you should see your current course has been expanded (course names should be indented slightly).
- Under the name of the course there is a link called 'reports'.
- When you click on 'reports' the reports available will appear in the list. You may not always be able to see the full names of the reports but the following are available:
- Course completion (new to Moodle 2 and only available if activity completion is turned on)
- Live logs*
- Activity reports*
- Course participation*
- Activity completion (new to Moodle 2 and only available if activity completion is turned on).
* We will only be looking at the new reports in Moodle 2 but if you would like to know about the other reports (which are the same as they were in Moodle 1), click here to see the official Moodle Docs.